How to measure a room
The design process
You can make an appointment for one of our designers to call and measure your room, or if you prefer, you can take the measurements yourself and email us or drop into the showroom with your plans. Whichever option best suits you. We will then draw up a design using our state of the art CAD computer system so you can see an image of the room in 3D.
There are a few things to consider when designing your fitted room, so here are a few tips to get you started:
Measuring your room
It would help us if you could measure in millimetres. Always try to be as precise as possible with your measurements, but don’t worry we will call out and double check before anything goes ahead.
- Draw an outline of the room, including any doors, windows or breaks in the walls.
- Starting in one corner, work your way around the room measuring the full length of each wall.
- Take measurements of the walls between openings, doors, windows and pillars etc.
- For windows and hatches, measure the height off the ground and the height of the window.
- Measure the floor to ceiling height.
- Make a note of where any stop taps, gas or electric metres and water outlets are.
Now you have your measurements, try to think of your wish list. What would you really like to see in the room? From integrated to freestanding appliances, lighting, colours and finishing touches there is a lot to think about and our friendly showroom staff will be happy to help guide you through the process.